We understand that seeing a lawyer can be a costly exercise. It is imperative that our clients are completely aware of our costs and encourage open communication at all times. Whilst we have some fixed fees for specific services, for ongoing parenting or property disputes we charge out at an hourly rate and fees are charged based on the time spent on your matter. A list of our fixed and other fees are set out below. To ask about ongoing fees for family law or to obtain a more specific quote for your situation please call us directly to discuss your specific situation.
To pay your current bill please follow the link: https://rapidpay.com.au/referencenumber
Family Law Fees
- $1000 for a Divorce Application plus Court’s filing fee
- Hourly rate for Court attendance if required
- Affidavits if required are charged at the solicitor’s hourly rate.
- For clients on a low income or government pension, we can apply for a grant of Legal Aid for you at no cost. Generally Legal Aid charges a one-off contribution fee of $75. In some cases they will charge a higher fee depending on the client’s income.
- Legal Aid will pay us to represent you at a Mediation or during the Court process.
- For clients receiving a property settlement we can assist you in applying for litigation funding with our preferred lender. If approved they will cover the cost of your case and we will repay those costs directly to the lender at the conclusion of your case from your settlement funds.
- For clients seeking assistance with a parenting case, we can assist you in applying for a small loan to cover the cost of your case.
- For advice on a Contract $500
- For Sale of Land $2000 plus GST
- For Purchase of Land $2000 plus GST
- Unregistered & off the plan – $2000 plus GST
Disbursements are additional costs on top of the fixed fees this includes things such as mandatory government searches, discharge of mortgage and agent’s settlement fees.
Wills & Estates
- Simple Will $350 plus GST
- Couple Husband/Wife or Defacto Wills $600 plus GST
- Power of Attorney & Enduring Guardianship $350 plus GST
- For combined Wills/Power of Attorney, we offer a discount of $50 for each additional document.
- For more complex wills including testamentary trusts please contact our office for a quote